Wednesday, December 3, 2014

It's Christmas Time!

Monday night, we decorated. Our little tree and elf village are so stinkin' charming. But while we were decorating, a weird thing happened.

We have a lovely panoramic picture over our fireplace that works so well in the spring, summer and fall- but it's just too cheery and bright for the holidays! After suggesting that we purchase a winter scene to put up during the Grey Season (very extensive here in Central Ohio), Mike told me he didn't want to...because his buckeye wreath goes there.

So we were at a stand still: his decorations or mine? Did it matter? Were feelings hurt? Personally, I think MY decorations are much cuter- but does he feel the same? Were we about to enter a Christmas turf war?

We tabled the issue. I think the Buckeye wreath is too tiny for the wide wall above the fireplace. To him, it was the symbol of holiday cheer in his home...which he has occupied much longer than I. And then yesterday, I got an email from him, telling me to pick out something new and buy it.

I guess he realized the value of my assessment. The Buckeye wreath will find a new home on an adjacent wall, and my elf village will be set in the perfect winter scene.

I'm thinking about this one or this one, from Overstock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment