Friday, August 19, 2011

Get Excited. You Know HE Did.

This weekend (starting yesterday) is going to be full and fun. Tomorrow I'm finally taking that trip to IKEA with Katie, and I'll be purchasing lots of riveting things like measuring cups, lamp shades and perhaps a chair. Get excited for the post where I give you a Tour Du My Apartment...

After that I'll be BABYSITTING, which I haven't done in awhile. Some kiddos down the street from my parents need a watchful eye tomorrow evening while their parents go to dinner and a show, and I happened to be free. I'm sure I'll have some adventures to tell you about on Monday. Like, if the kids lock me out of the house, or throw up, or kick a squirrel, or if I pretend I'm choking and trick the kids into calling 911...which a babysitter absolutely did to me when I was about 6.

Sunday during the day, I'll have to set up all my new purchases, tidy up and do some "cooking".

Sunday eve I'm hosting a pseudo-dinner-party for my friends from Home. The people who will be there hail from France, Indiana, and Los Angeles. Getting everyone together on a whim is nearly impossible, and it all happened so easily this time- a happy surprise. I'm thinking taco night. Not especially classy, but totally delicious. Plus, it's such an easy theme:

See? Easy!

Yesterday kicked-off the 2011 Pizza Tour. It's going to be the talk to the town and the blogosphere- more details on this endeavor as it unfolds in upcoming weeks. We also went to what's formerly known as Ladies 80s dance party, where I had the pleasure of seeing a male senior citizen, in a pink tank top, green striped skirt, with a purse. While he DID "fit in" with the cotton mini he stole from his granddaughter in 2002, he was groping and exposing his excited self to the unsuspecting crowd, which kinda ruined his look.

And with THAT visual, have a delightful Friday. You know I won't be back to this piece 'til Monday.



1 comment:

  1. I love that picture caption! I'm sure you were exposed to such a sight! However, I'm sure Patsy handled herself just fine :)

    ReplyDelete