Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Only Hang Out With the Hottie Muppets.

Someones who have been great lately are my girlfrans.(Does anyone besides me appreciate this creativity with the English language?)

They've been amazing at filling my time with activities like concerts, zumba, crafts and cookouts, as well as open ears and nimble fingers for responding to my needy text messages. And what's weird, is that for all the time I've been friends with them (none of them I've known less than 6 years, some I've known for nearly 25) I have never felt so completely understood, accepted and supported by them.

Thanks friends!

In the past three weeks, I've been privileged to reconnect with  friends that I don't see enough and to build quality relationships with those that I take for granted on a weekly basis. A pattern of my behavior is to be guarded with my suffering (Suffering? Agony? Bottomless pit of depression? I'm just trying to amp up the dramatics in this blog.) No one likes a party-pooper, so I try not to be one. Sharing emotions is hard for me, but I've been getting better at being open with people who matter. To my very real shock, it's doing good things for me.

This weekend I was treated to VIP tickets to Grace Potter with my friend Jess. Lynn planned a tailgate for the OSU-Toledo game that had me dancing my face off. Katie hosted Craft Night, and Lauren invited me to see Katy Perry with her this evening.



I'm lucky. Each person I've talked to has had something helpful to say, something that makes me feel not alone. Not everyone has that. So I'm going to toast that 16oz Bud Light to my wonderful, wonderful friends who have kept me from sitting in the dark, watching sad YouTube videos and crying into the pale ale I bought weeks ago that was intended for someone else.

Cheers!


yes, my friends are white.



No comments:

Post a Comment