Friday, February 11, 2011

Music Appreciation- River City Extension


I don't really know anything about River City Extension, except that I liked them a lot on Wednesday when they were at Rumba Cafe. They were kind of awesome AND they fit 8 people on the stage...impressive!

 
via eatsleepbreathemusic.com
     Although they claimed illness, brokeitude, tiredness and homesickness, they put on an energetic and polished show (Polished without being dull- as in, they're actually good musicians, and able to read an audience) I loved that they utilized some a-traditional bar-band instruments...horns and strings in addition to guitar, drums, bass and keyboard.

     From what I hear, they're from New Jersey, they've been around since 2007, they've done several regional tours and one national tour. They definitely have their own sound, but if you like the Avett Brothers or Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (and apparently Flogging Molly), listen to these songs:


{Title Track I think: Unmistakable Man}

{One I like: Adrienne}


they will also be on the 2011 Warped Tour


     







No comments:

Post a Comment