Friday, September 14, 2012

A Bad Outfit

My text message to Jake this morning:
9:26 a.m. I look like a prostitute today. I desperately need new work clothes
9:31 a.m. And not even an expensive one. I look like one who's been around the block and kicked a crack addiction.
On this Thursday, May 12, 2011, I'm wearing a red shirt, with lots of gathered fabric around the neckline. It makes my chest look enormous. Below that, I'm wearing a grey skirt that is too short and has a slit up the left leg that reaches as high as my UNDERWEAR when I sit down. The skirt is accompanied by "off- black" panty hose, giving a very 90s look, with grey, four inch heels, open toed with a bow. To top it off, my hair looks tangled and big...one might mistake it for recently sexed.

This is awful.
This is not appropriate or cute.

Case in point, I have zero acceptable summer work clothes. My internships in college were during the winter. I started this job in the fall, and could get away with sweaters early on. Now, it's 84 degrees and I might die...either from the heat or from embarrassment.

Selfpunch. I'm not even going to tweet this, because it's embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment