Thursday, August 25, 2011

Goal: Don't be a Crazy Person

Today is one of those days after a break-up where you feel like you got punched in the stomach and nothing good will ever happen again. I feel like I'm wandering aimlessly, stumbling through my day- my head is foggy, my throat is tight and my limbs are weak. I've been doing a spectacular job of ignoring the hopeless feelings that have been slowly creeping up the past few days. I've been great at staying In The Moment and keeping my mind from falling off the cliff. I haven't done any crazy-girl things so far, and I'm hoping to keep that up. I've been a crazy-girl before and it ultimately leaves me feeling foolish and immature.

I cracked open a new journal on Tuesday. Hardback, gilded pages. It's pretty. I hope it helps me figure out what I'm feeling without smearing my whole life on the internet or to my bystander friends, who probably have their own thoughts on the situation. Unlike a lot of blog writers, I don't think this is a space for me to "be unapologetically me". I  think there are things I should cope with on my own, and I don't need to be libelous. Public break-ups are messy and hurtful for everyone-- hence the new journal.

Tomorrow is Friday and there will be lots of fun things to do this weekend. Can't complain too much about that, right?

2 comments:

  1. :( I'm sorry. I heart you. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need, I can be your journal too. I think it's healthy and helpful to write things down and let them out. XO

    ReplyDelete