Monday, June 18, 2012

Welcome to the Hotness

Ruh-roh. I'm getting called out for all the silence...

Let's start over.

Hi, I'm Stephanie, and I used to blog because I was extremely bored at work.
Things are busier these days, but I'm still here!

welcome to the hotness.

Last weekend was a jam packed adventure. Mike and I started the weekend by going to the Bluestone to see a band of "old people" play some "was cool in the 90s" music. The venue is so close to my house that we could sneak out and get drinks...Coors Original banquet beer, if you're curious. Extremely classy.



After getting mad at Mike because he WOULDN'T punch me in the stomach ("I'm tough! I can take it!") someone peed on my shirt and then demanded we go dance at Carabar. A story for another time. Even classier.

That's just Friday!

On Saturday, we went to the BMV so I could get official plates on my new ride (oh, I forgot to tell you about that? I got a new ride. It's a hotter, fresher, sexier version of my old car...) And it was a good thing we got to the BMV when we did, because it was their LAST DAY. As in, that branch was closing and I had no days left on my temporary tags. Typical Stephanie, right?

THEN we drove to Trapper John's for an afternoon of kayaking. We were pretty lazy about it, and mostly floated across the water, Canoochee Creek style. It was lovely. Breezy, sunny, with just a few rapids...and a young couple (not us) smoking cigars in their kayaks. I don't know how they did it, but I bet those cigars were majorly soggy. Gross.

After that, around 6 p.m., I drove to Cleveland. And got lost. And ended up going 40 minutes in the opposite direction. Finally made it to my destination and had some Sister Time, including Teen Mom and too much ice cream.

My main reason for going to Cleveland was to be able to get up early and drive to Cedar Point so I could be there by 7:30 a.m. For work. On a Sunday. I ended up riding roller coasters for 3 hours with one of our board members for free. Funsies!

After being extremely sweaty and adrenalized, I trekked home to Columbus to have dinner with Mike and the V's.

And there you have it. A co-worker told me that I did more last weekend than she'd done in a month.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment