Monday, January 31, 2011

So far, 5 of 10

I have a goal to see all best pictures nominees before the Oscars on February 27. Of the ten films, I've seen five- Social Network, The Kids Are All Right, Inception, Toy Story 3, and True Grit. I'm hoping to see either The Fighter or The King's Speech this week.

via

I don't normally follow the film industry very closely, but when I realized I'd already seen four of the best picture titles, it seemed like a reasonable goal to watch them all. I have a feeling that none of the five I've seen so far will be the big winner, but I'll be sure to come back with a more educated guess after all 10 have been watched.

If Inception wins, I vow not to see a movie in theaters for six months. Not a lofty wager, but they won't get my money for SIX WHOLE MONTHS. Inception has terrible character development, relies heavily on an exaggerated score* and they forgot to write a script in favor of creating special effects. "Oh we'll just put some crap happening here and then blam! Special effect! People won't even notice that we spent five minutes on our script..." Blech. And yes, I've seen it more than once.

Haha.
Thanks PopWatch on Entertainment Weekly and Stephen Vaughn
In unrelated news, I think my mom has a crush on Matt Damon...

*eventually, I'll figure out how to embed video

No comments:

Post a Comment