Friday, April 13, 2012

Stuff about Cars

In December, my sister was in a car accident. She lost control of her Jeep, flipped the car and landed upside down suspended by her seatbelt. Sucky, right? Especially right before Christmas! She was startled but in no real disrepair...the car, however....was a goner.

At which point my Pops declared that it was time for me to buy a car. My Civic, you see, was purchased and is technically owned by mom and dad, as was the Jeep. With the death of the Jeep, it's only natural that I hand down the Honda, act like a grown up and buy a new vehicle for myself. At least, that's what my dad claims.

So I'm in the market for a new car. It's scary. And just generally horrible. Wouldn't it be nice if I just had someone to pick one out for me and I'll write a check? No such luck. All the car-helping men in my life are making me look and test drive and search the internet. My life is so sucky.

#firstworldproblems

I should act like more of a diva.
I'll buy a tiny dog to put in my purse just to prove that I'm a dainty little girl who demands assistance with automobile purchases.

ugh.

Anyway.

Got any advice for me? So far this is what I know:
-I have a Honda Civic that I like
-I test drove a Honda Civic that I liked
-I'd rather buy a new Honda Civic and be done with it (I'm going to be SO PISSED when google starts showing me advertisements for 2013 honda civics...)
-I shouldn't buy a brand new car (duh, as if I have the money for something so swanky)
-I don't want a hunter green car, because that's SICK.

Other information that might be helpful to someone in my position, courtesy of my most smarmy friend:
-Expect to pay about $20/month for ever $1000 financed anywhere you go.
-If you are going to finance the vehicle check with your bank and see what their interest rates are.
-If you were looking to pay just cash, 5000 will get you a 4200 car because of tax title fees etc.
-If you wanted to put that 5000 down towards a 10000 car then you are looking at 100 bucks a month.


Because I have a soft deadline of June 1, I'm setting the goal for myself to have a new car purchased by May 15. Seem reasonable? Ok good, thanks.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment