Monday, August 13, 2012

Open Calendar

It's rare that I have a night truly to myself. A night with no demands or requirements. After a busy weekend, I'm really looking forward to this evening's emptiness.

So many times I have a work obligation, a fun night planned with friends or quality time with my boo. You might know- I don't have cable or internet at my house, but I don't miss it because I'm so fulfilled by my social calendar. Sometimes people find this shocking- "I'd never be able to DO that!"- but for me it's just an expense I wouldn't appreciate.

Tonight, however, Mike is out of town for work. The girls all have their own plans. My fantastically private apartment and all the hours after 5 p.m. will be my own. I'm certainly very fortunate to have such a great network of fun and supportive people, but tonight will be a special treat. Maybe I'll make some brownies and have a glass of wine. Maybe I'll catch up on August's book club reading. Maybe some laundry and bathroom cleaning. (Nothing wrong with that- cleaning can be so therapeutic!)

How would you spend an evening all to yourself?

Happy Monday!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment