Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Geneva on the Lake

When I started thinking about my bachelorette party, I knew I didn't want to go "out", or go overboard on wiener decorations. Originally my idea was to get a cabin with friends, build a little camp fire and spend the night playing cards and laughing together.

That idea was starting to take shape when my friend Audra suggested taking a look at Geneva on the Lake. Brilliant! Geneva was on my list for a destination wedding, but ultimately we decided that wouldn't be the right fit for us. I had visited the Lodge at Geneva on the Lake for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and knew it was beautiful place. I was pleasantly surprised that the cost was so reasonable- I'm definitely taking Mike back there sometime soon.

After packing the car to the brim, my sisters, cousin and I drove from Cleveland to Geneva on Friday night. We unpacked and stopped for a drink in the hotel bar, where they had a band playing Billy Ocean...obviously the right way to start the weekend.



Saturday morning, we grabbed breakfast at the restaurant and rode bikes by the lake. We were so lucky to have such a beautiful day, and I couldn't have imagined a more ideal morning to start a great weekend with friends. 


Friends began arriving a little before one, and after a small photo shoot, our shuttle arrived to deliver us to a few wineries in the area.

First we visited Debonne and sat outside at one of the wobbliest picnic tables I've seen.


Then we went to South River Vineyard. This place is an absolutely beautiful old church converted into a relaxing an spacious winery.


Our shuttle ride next was a complete dance party, and I felt nervous for our driver!


Out last stop was Ferrante, where my sister played a flute, Audra lost her sunglasses (RIP), and I had a great conversation about military enlistment...



The sunset that night during dinner was, again, beautiful. It was hard to believe that we were in Ohio, enjoying the views, the wine and company of some of my most favorite and hilarious friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment