Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Lonely Weirdo Adult Sport



Well hello ladies and gents!

What do you do to get your exercise? Lots of people around the internet share info about new workout plans, with before and after pictures, but there are a lot of organic ways to stay active and have fun.

One of the things I do to stay active is play volleyball.

Does anyone else think of adult co-ed volleyball as a douchebag sport? If yes, I'm pretty sure we can be best friends. Until I met Mike, I was horrified by grown adults who played volleyball (and after I met him, also, but then he convinced me to try it.) It seems like the kind of thing people with empty lives would do to hide their sadness.

So here I am, playing adult volleyball on a team, every week, with people I didn't know before we were randomly matched on the team. I signed up to be the "cool girlfriend" and two-plus years later, I'm brainwashed into doing it every week.

Really sellin' it, right?

Here's what's nice- we play on Monday, which means something to pump up my adrenaline after the first day back at the office. We're not very good, so I get my jog on by chasing the stray balls across the court. We've made friends with the people on our team and honestly, it's become one of my favorite parts of the week.

Recently we've been playing really well. We've had some very competitive matches and have even won a few solid games! I love the way volleyball gives me some exercise without me realizing I'm exercising.

Are there any sports or classes you like that you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment