Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother's Day Blog Post

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom!

 
A little about my mom: She's the oldest of four. She was pretty geeky in high school :) She met my dad in college and they were married in 1984. She tells me she really came out of her shell when they started dating because he's pretty social and always bounced around at parties, leaving her to fend for herself in conversations.

My mom gives great (if sometimes unsolicited) advice, and has a ton of common sense. We tease her a lot, much to her dismay, but she can usually take the jokes pretty well, and I love to make her laugh. She's pretty cute when she gets excited about something she did or when she's cracking up at her own jokes.

I wish my mom were more self confident because she is beautiful and charming. She is so much smarter than she gives herself credit for, and worries far more than necessary.

My sisters and I are well-adjusted, confident, and multi-talented young women thanks to guidance from Mom. She taught us how to be strong and motivated as well as engaging and well-mannered. I'm very proud of who I am, and it's a result of the support of and example from my mom.


Thanks Mom! I love you today and everyday, despite my sometimes angsty behavior :)


And a Happy Mother's Day to my Grandmothers, Sue and Eileen


1 comment:

  1. Ask your Mom about the night of April 14, 1981. My younger brother took me out drinking and met this cute chick, Julie. When he went to the bar, Julie asked me, "do you know this guy? Is he a good guy?". I wonder what the result would have been if I had told the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :)

    ReplyDelete