Thursday, August 4, 2011

An Acceptable Alternative to Taffeta

All brides say "it's great, you can totally wear it again!" to their bridesmaids about the dresses, a statement which is varying degrees of bullshit. (As a bridesmaid, you wonder if the bride even falls for that herself- "where would YOU wear this dress?")

Today, I send a transcontinental high-five to one of my bridal friends for her true sensibility in picking a rewearable dress. She chose a dress that cost me a grand total of $50 (on sale from JCrew) that didn't need to be altered. She carefully selected accessories for the dress that were removable. She chose a color that is inoffensive to mine eyeballs. And thine eyeballs, too.

Behold:

Six weeks ago, AS a bridesmaid.
Today, at work.


At the wedding, I wore "evening makeup", a professionally composed up-do, jewelry that matched the other bridesmaids, and big sparkly gold heels. For work, note the casual hair and makeup. Floral earrings, a cardigan and closed-toe heels made this dress a totally work-appropriate outfit.

Voila. A rewearable bridesmaid dress. Miracle of Miracles! Whew!

(When I get married, you can all wear jeans.) (Just kidding, you can't.) ( I mean you could, but I would judge you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment