Friday, September 23, 2011

Cultural Insensitivity Abounds

You know, it feels like the Northern hemisphere of this planet is picking up what I'm putting down. I see I have interested parties in Ukraine, Canada, Russia, and Iran to name a few. But no one from Africa is clamoring daily to my wise words. No one from South America or Australia either.

Actual statistics from my blogger account. AKA Serious and Real Business.


How can I gain a truly world wide audience? Maybe if I say AFRICA AFRICA AFRICA a bunch, it'll show up in some searches, and a few innocent Google users will accidentally read my blog because they think I have something useful to say about AFRICA.

AFRICA AFRICA.

Or maybe I could actually invest some time in researching what people on those continents want to read about. Not the Bachelorette? That's surprising. Oh, I know. Katy Perry. She's pretty international, right? I KNOW she's interplanetary...That'll be my jumping off platform. Who DOESN'T want to read about Katy Perry? (Katy Perry, Katy Perry).

But I guess in a broader perspective, in less than a year, I've impacted the lives (sarcasm) of people on three of the seven continents, and don't pretend like anyone is counting Antarctica, so it's actually 50% impact, up from 0% impact. (Antarctica, Antarctica. Penguin. Just in case.) The pleasure has been all mine, North America, Europe and Asia.

So that's pretty good, right? People in South America? I'm interested in You. I want to visit your lands. In fact, my friend Miranda spent some time in your lands, and based on her feedback, I'm pretty sure it's on my To-Do list. Plus, I took Spanish in high school, so I'm basically set. Don't worry, I'll work on my Portuguese.

Australia? I'm coming for you, too. Kangaroos and sheilas. That's Culturally Insensitive. I apologize. I'll try to learn more about life in Australia by discussing it with my friends Natalie and Sarah who lived there for awhile. I'm sure Austalians and I will be able to have very dynamic conversations in the near future. About NOT kangaroos and sheilas.

 OK. Enjoy your Friday. It's gloomy and horrible here in central Ohio. I'll check the weather in Africa online since no one there wants to talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment