Wednesday, December 7, 2011

nonOde to Coffee

I wanted to write an Ode to Coffee, but then I got worried about the structure of an ode and following said structure so that scholars of the future will be able to identify and analyze it properly. Also, all the snobby snobs out there who would read my "ode" and say "HEY, that's not really an ODE, how DARE you misuse this magical form of poetry?!"

Outrageous!

So instead, I'm writing a ranty-rant about this beverage. And I know I've talked about coffee in the past. And I know I've had some good things to say. But it seems necessary to discuss it today, because I have not had any coffee for a week. Almost. It's more like five and a half days, but I haven't partaken of the javas since last Thursday, and today is Wednesday, so I'm pretty sure that's a week.

I didn't check the Mayan calendar or anything, but I'm feeling confident.

And as you can probably tell...I caved.
I had a little coffee. Really, just a LITTLE.
bzzt. bzzt.

It's funny what an aversion I used to have to coffee in my formative years.

Oh, you came here looking for something useful? Sorry, Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment