Thursday, September 5, 2013

Stephanie Says

Blogtember Day 3. Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 

Advice, you say?


When I went to college, my Mom suggested each of my family members give me a piece of advice. Being the first born of three, my younger sisters weren't able to give very pertinent thoughts, and I can't recall for my life what my Mom said (Sorry, Charlie), but my dad told me to always drink from long-neck bottles.


I'm still not sure why.


And I didn't follow it.


But I've always remembered it.


A piece of advice for the masses that I choose is:


Fake it 'til you make it. 


Don't write it off yet. I, too, dislike the idea of lying or being an artificial person, but sometimes your attitude makes more difference in the outcome of your task than you realize. Be confident, smile, and just pretend you've got it handled and before you know it, you'll start to actually feel those things. In those moments when you feel like you're not good enough, strong enough, smart enough, etc., just assume the attitude of someone who IS, and I promise you'll be start to feel the effects :)





4 comments:

  1. I am so with you. Fake it til you make it is my mantra.

    It works especially well for sneaking around places like hospitals and businesses. If you look like you belong there, you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so true! I can't say I've done much hospital sneaking, but I believe it :)

      Delete
  2. yes i agree that by showing our confidence and smile, it is already half the battle won.
    Nice share! 。◕‿◕。

    ReplyDelete