Friday, January 27, 2012

On the Horizon- the weekend.

I am a crabby little girl about this blog lately. I'd like to change that, because I do enjoy coming up with ridiculous stuff to talk about and sharing it with anyone and everyone who will listen.

I've been doing this for a year. Weird...what a different place I'm in from 12 months ago. Different in some ways, the same in others, I suppose. I'm feeling good about some new things that are going on for me. My mom said I seem happier than I used to...which is weird, because I don't feel happier. I feel about the same, generally speaking.

My car is in bad shape, but I finally have a tv (with channels!)
My anxiety levels are lower, but my spontaneous bouts of humor are also lower.
I'm weeding out a few friends and making a few new ones (one is silver and the other's gold, right?)

Let's get back into the swing of things!

Tonight I'm making dinner for Mike and I. And cleaning all my dirty dishes. And hiding my shoes and dirty clothes. And pretending that I live like a grown-up, instead of a Slarvemoor. I don't know what a Slarvemoor is, but my dad used to call me that when I had a messy room growing up. So now I'm adopting the phrase.

After our hand-crafted meal, we'll visit Rumba Cafe to see the Floorwalkers, one of my favorite local bands, who are DEFINITELY better live than recorded. Can't wait! I've had my hippie dance shoes on all day in preparation. Getting 'em broken in...

Tomorrow we're headed to the land of unsterilized needles, white trash parking lot arguments and screaming children-- Chuck E. Cheese. A birthday party for a 6 year old. I'm playing skee ball and YOU CAN'T STOP ME. I'll try to win a cool prize and post it here on Monday. (See, look at me, giving myself a reason to post.)

Tomorrow NIGHT, we are going to a cool-awesome-terrific alumni party for my sorority. I assume it will be awkward and so we will drink and then it will be fun.

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment