Monday, January 16, 2012

You Suck

So many bloggers are douche bags.

Yes, that probably includes me most of the time. I know. I'm aware. But it seems to me that for too many "writers", blogging swallows reality. You are too busy and popular to spend hours taking pictures of youself (complete with "myspace angles") or worrying about which of your FAVORITE things you'll recommend to your "blog friends". We all have "IRL" (douche term) friends that we picked for a reason. That's IN REAL LIFE, because my life is real, tangible, exciting, and worth engaging with.

I have some great relationships with friends and family that I prefer to nurture. Twitter is not an appropriate mode of intimate relationship building. I like my adventures and activities. I do not wish to give them up to surf the internet all day every day, to pretend that my bullshit-bullshit is somehow exceptionally valuable. I don't dream about glamorizing my life so that internet people will be my friend. I have a real job and don't need to make pennies on the "ads". Which is just bloggers spending the ad money they made promoting themselves on other blogs, so those bloggers can take that revenue and spend it promoting their own blog.

Find something original to talk about.

I judge you. Not all of you. Some writers do have a unique perspective. Some do not, myself often included. But get a grip, please. I am currently frustrated with those of us who are so unbearably self-important.

Ranty rant.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment