Wednesday, September 4, 2013

That's not a nap, that's a COMA

The question posed: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do?



You know, I'd love to travel. There are lots of things to see and lots of places to try, things to experience. If money were no object and I had no other commitments, I'm sure travel would be great. 

But what I'd REALLY like to do if I had three months to do whatever in Sam Heck I wanted, before returning to my real life, I'd probably spend most of my time napping. Catch up from all the time I currently spend doing non-nap things. I'd nap by the pool, in my bed, on the couch...I'd nap in the grass and in the backseat of my car...I'd nap in a box with a fox and on a train or in a plane. I like naps, Sam-I-Am...being awake, I do not!

If I could take a break from all societal constructs, I'd eat millions of snacks. I'd try all the best restaurants and get whatever I wanted. Exotic weird things that cost a lot, decadent, sugary treats...bread and cheese and cheese and bread and wine. And then I'd take a nap. Food coma!

I wish I could say I have some grand plans about what I'd spend my time doing if I had three months to do anything I wanted. Like I said, some travel would be cool- Grand Canyon, Paris, Australia, New Orleans and the West Coast. But travel is exhausting (all that walking and sight-seeing and packing and unpacking and sleeping on tiny European mattresses made in 1639...) I'm pretty sure I'd just need a vacation from my vacation, and definitely a nap. The big plan is to skip the middle man, and just get on with the naps.


Sincerely Yours




No comments:

Post a Comment