Monday, January 12, 2015

A Month In

It's been about five weeks since I made this little winter "bucket list". Let's check in!


1. Blog once a week.- No. I have not done a good enough job, but I have blogged about three of the last five weeks. Not perfect, but I'm pleased.

2. Go Skiing- Went for the first time last year and loved it!- We're going over MLK weekend, so provided everything goes as planned, this will be accomplished.

3. Make one DIY gift for everyone in my immediate family- I almost did this: My sisters received handmade Harry Potter ornaments, and my dad received a pair of knitted red socks. My mom's DIY gift is still on the way...

4. Housekeep! Clean my unused junk out of our basement, and spare bedrooms- Great progress here! Mike and I consolidated our closets last weekend and are well on the way to a good basement clean up. I'm still planning to do more before the end of February.

5. Lose 10lbs. In preparation for my wedding and dress fittings- This is going very well. I'm hitting the gym almost every day, and I'm following a low carb (but not too depriving) meal plan. My scale said down 4lbs on Friday, so I'm hoping that the number will get a little lower throughout this week.

6. Take 5 pretty winter pictures- So far, so bad. There hasn't been a whole lot of WINTER yet, but I need not to forget about this goal!

7. Paint the canvases I bought as a wedding project.- No progress. There's still time!

8. Make a snow angel or snow man, and make Mike do it with me.- This hasn't happened yet, but I bet this weekend during our ski trip I can make this dream a reality. Maybe I can even take a picture of it! Two birds, meet my single stone.

9. Don't fall on the ice...- Our driveway is darn slippery, but I haven't fallen...yet...

10. Listen to the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack- Done! Christmas music at its finest! They even played one of the songs on Christmas Eve in church. It was delightful.

Bonus: Watch Holiday Inn- Did you know this movie is not on Hulu or Netflix? I guess I can try a little harder by visiting the library or something, but I haven't managed this bonus goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment