Friday, January 23, 2015

Heading into the Weekend

As I end this work week, I listen to NPR and think about the things I need to get done as soon as I get back to this desk on Monday. I wonder if I should take my computer home over the weekend, but really prefer to close up shop.

What will this weekend bring? We're heading to Mike's brother's house this weekend to celebrate a ninth birthday with a My Little Pony gift that we hope will be a hit. There are plans for the "Souper Bowl I" Yes, that's right. A soup party! We'll make some chili, with a secret ingredient- you'd be jealous of how tasty this stuff is.

Our ski weekend was a delight and we played in the snow more than I have in years...maybe decades? I was successful in my snow angel endeavor but was NOT successful in my skiing plans- while the ground was covered in snow, the sky was filled with wet slush, which was not part of our hopes for skiing. Instead we went downhill tubing, another fun winter activity that I didn't try until this weekend!

I can't believe I've spend so many winters being stuck inside in the grey, grey months- I never knew winter sports could be so thrilling. They make me feel like a kid and it really is surprising how warm you can physically comfortable you can be when you pick out the right long johns and gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment