Thursday, March 19, 2015

How Did I Get So Lucky?

Over the weekend, my friend Pam threw a bridal shower with all of the friends from my hometown. The community in which I grew up is one of my favorite places in the world, and the people there are wonderful. The women at this shower were those who have seen me through childhood, high school and college graduations, new jobs, new boyfriends and now are helping to celebrate my next big step into marriage.

It's really special to have so many people rooting for you throughout your life. The guests at this shower are friends- friends of mine, friends of my mother. People whose children I babysat, people who knew me on the day I was born, people who have come into my life along the way. They have led by example on how to be engaging, smart and loyal women. Their children are my friends, and their encouragement (and watchful eyes!) are a huge part of my drive to succeed.


I'm excited to share this time with them, and was so blown away by their generous spirits and enthusiasm for celebrating together. Pam is a skilled hostess and her house looked beautiful! These images from the day are courtesy of my friend Hanna.




No comments:

Post a Comment