Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Coming Back from Cloud 9



Aha!
It's been the best week- starting with several days off of work to "wedding prep", followed by the most marvelous day of my LIFE (dramatic, yes, even for me, but so true!) and then a lovely, relaxing and perfect honeymoon.

Can you tell I'm on Cloud 9 today?

Now I'm thinking about getting back to work tomorrow: How to tackle the emails, how to keep this positive vibe I've got going and what parts of my exciting week I'll share with co workers.

To avoid post-honeymoon blues, we planned ahead:

1. I did check email this week. I didn't really read any of them, but I went through and deleted things that could be tossed. My work email is connected to my phone, and seeing that inbox number grow and grow was more stressful than taking a few moments to skim through.

2. We came home by the end of our typical work day tonight, giving us time to unload the car, straighten up the house, and get on schedule for the rest of the week.

3. We didn't open any gifts before we left. We've opened many tonight, but decided to open a few a night for the next few days. It gives me something to look forward to at the end of the day and sort of prolongs that post-wedding glow.

4. Taking off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is genius. Now all we have to do is spend tomorrow catching up from the week off and then it's Friday already! Time for more weekend and more fun times. We can give ourselves a little time to ease back into the regular work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment