Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy Friday, you hotties!

It's FRIDAY, and I'm starting a new JOB and our wedding is officially THIS MONTH.

What an exciting day!

Whatcha doin' this weekend? I'm spending some quality time with my washer and dryer tonight (so much laundry!), then having some good QT with friends over the next few days.

Tomorrow I'm giving blood.

The first time I gave blood, I was 17 and the Red Cross in a drive at our high school. All the color drained from my face, I was nauseous and lightheaded, and I swore I'd never do it again. The lightheaded feeling lasted, truly, for three days. For three days I felt like I'd never be normal again. I'd lost a pint of blood and I was sure I'd never recover.

When the next blood drive came around, my physics teacher urged me to try again. When I say "urge", what I mean was "berate me publicly so I was shamed into trying again." She had a point though. "You are YOUNG, and you are HEALTHY and there are so many people who need you to do this. You'll be OK," she said. "Try again, and if it's really that bad this time, you don't ever have to do it again."

And she was right. I was young and healthy (still am, thank goodness!) and my little pint of blood could make a difference for someone. So I gave in and I gave blood.

I've been going back every few months since then, and am a proud card carrying member of the Red Cross. That light headed feeling still happens, but I've learned some ways to combat it and it's always nice to chat with the people around you who are also donating.

It feels good to give, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment