Thursday, June 11, 2015

Month of Music

It's been quick month of marriage and very busy. After dinner at Tucci'sdessert at Jeni's and trip to the movies, I realized that I've been really ingrained in the music scene recently.

The movie last night was Love & Mercy, with Elizabeth Banks, who I love:
An excellent and artistic biopic about Brian Wilson, Beach Boys, with great tributes to his music and musical process, as well as some of the medical and psychological trouble Brian suffered.

Mike saw The Who on May 15:
He said it was good- I have no idea, but I think it's cool that he went.

On May 22nd we saw G. Love & Special Sauce (one of my faves):
This show took me back a few years and left me feeling happily chilled out with great appreciation for G's unique style of jazz + hip hop.

On May 30th we saw the Rolling Stones:
A wedding gift from friends, this concert was probably a once in a lifetime for me, and they really brought the moves and music.


Last weekend I went to Bunbury music festival with my girlfriends and saw Matt & Kim, the Black Keys, 21 pilots, and SNOOOOOOP, among others:
My first music festival was a great success of silliness, dancing and the immense privilege of seeing Mr. Snoop Doggy Dog with friends who know how to drop it like itz hot.



It's the summer music season, with festivals around every corner, taps are flowing, and flower power in every 18 - 26 year old girls hair. I'm hoping to get to a few more shows in the coming warm months.

Anyone I should definitely check out? Anyone you're excited to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment