Monday, August 10, 2015

Not about Ping Pong

Part of me hates blogging, and part of me really enjoys it.

Throughout high school and into college I journaled often, and I love reading back on those entries to remember my personal evolution. Reading about those otherwise forgotten daily activities puts a smile on my face, like a conversation with someone I don't keep in touch with, or the details of a basketball game with friends. It's interesting to see my handwriting from those times. On days when I was suffering a personal injustice at the hand of a parent, my writing is big, scrawling and filled with energy. When the entry simply documents the activities of my day, the writing is neat, and entries are short. You can physically see the change in my style- the way I wrote a Y or an A. I think those differences are indicative of exercising my personal choices and outward expression of how I wanted to be perceived.

It's that daily representation that I really like about blogging. I suppose I can just go back to journaling, but to be honest, it's so much easier to type up my thoughts, especially when I spend so much time in front of my computer. It's much easier to build into my day, rather than pulling out the journal I have right now at the end of the day when I'm tired and all I want to do is rest. The journal I have right now is bright green, with gold gilded paged. I think it's from CVS, and I've had it for years without filling up all the pages. It's good to know that my level of angst doesn't warrant daily entries, but I've lost so many memories by letting it gather dust.

This particular blog post has no particular purpose, except to bring me back to the space. A few exciting things are happening, and Mike suggested that I spend a little time blogging over the next few weeks to put my head in a good space for writing, and writing well.


No comments:

Post a Comment