Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Another Great Shower Theme


Sunday was my fourth and final bridal shower. For someone who hoped for zero showers, four turned out to be quite a handful! (PS, I'm so grateful, but it's so lavish especially for me, a grown-ass woman, with a job and her own paycheck, mmhmm)

My Aunt planned a brunch, complete with mimosas and my favorite, quiche! For an extra touch, she used my great-grandma Gertrude's china for serving and GGG's tea set for coffee. It was definitely a special cross-generational celebration!

In a cute bridal shower twist, she assigned each guest a time of the day, and they were asked to bring a gift that could be used during that time.

For example, my sister had 8 a.m. and got us a really sweet "hometown" gift basket with coffee, homemade bread and preserves, all from her town in Cleveland- perfect for breakfast! My cousin had 10 p.m. and picked up the new sheets we had registered for- ideal for climbing into a cozy new bed.

The theme suggestion came from a bridal shower I went to about 6 years ago for my friend Kate. Have you done this theme before? It was nice because everyone thought outside of the box to find unique and useful gifts for our new marital home.

The first shower we had was a Super Bowl themed party. What are some other themes out there for the party planners?






No comments:

Post a Comment